- Drive-by hacks
- Rogue access points (AP)
- Spoofed MAC addresses
- AP-based Man-In-The-Middle attacks
- AP DoS (Denial of Service) attacks
- Network injections
- Caffe Latte attacks
Wireless local area networks (LANs) can greatly enhance the workplace productivity. When employees plug their laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices into your corporate network, they now use WiFi instead of a network cable. This enables them to work wherever they want, whenever they want, and in whatever position they’re most comfortable with.
But like many technologies, wireless introduces a new class of threats and vulnerabilities.
These new threats include:
Vulnerabilities can be easily exploited by hackers, who can then use the compromised wireless network to access adjacent IT systems and wired networks. Since wireless connections are possible through most physical obstructions, WiFi-based attacks can be launched outside your department, building, or premises.
Some attackers are even daring enough to physically enter your premises through social engineering as a guest or third party worker in order to deploy a malicious access point. That malicious AP can then be used to siphon confidential data, access internal systems, or spread malware.
Secure Your WiFi Network with Solutions from Cyberlocke.
At ADAPTURE, we take pride in decades of experience in the field of information security and IT in general. Our breadth and depth of knowledge in wireless network security enables us to address vulnerabilities and mitigate risks associated with WLANs. Our experts will work with your internal team to:
- Scan your WiFi network for vulnerabilities
- Configure access points, end points, and your entire WLAN infrastructure for optimal security
- Architect your wireless LAN security policies
- Logically separate your internal networks
- Establish connection restrictions on your access points
- Scan your WLAN for rogue devices and access points
- Ensure your WLAN is compliant with regulatory requirements
- Conduct trainings on the secure usage of your WiFi and WiFi-enabled mobile devices